What you’ll be doing...
Verizon has an exciting opportunity for individuals seeking a position within the rapidly growing, and constantly evolving cyber security field. As a full-time member of the Verizon Enterprise Security Services Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring client satisfaction with the delivery of security solutions, operations, quality & assurance. As a SecurityOperations Analyst you will work with the Senior Security Services Teams to:
- Analyze discovery scan data and vulnerability data to determine unusual use configurations, discovery of aged software, and proper identification of high-severity vulnerabilities
- Upload vulnerability details into MSS Security Portals; and analyze security incidents with the expectation of providing trending analysis and recommendations
- Monitor change activity, including device feature and maintenance release upgrades as well as vulnerability patches
- Provide Vulnerability Reports which will illustrate summary and detailed findings in regards to aged software, unusual use configurations, and vulnerability severity
- Assist in developing templates for Security Service Reports
- Assist in developing tools and databases for tracking customers, attributes, issues, needs, and trends
- Assist in the development of tactical and strategic performance and security metrics
- Periodically participate in presentations to customer stakeholders, including management and executives, on information security topics and impacts on customer strategy
- Participate in meetings where applicable with other Verizon security stakeholders, sales teams, and contract governance management to review on-going issues, interaction points, activities and challenges in the Security Services design and delivery space
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in cyber security or 1 year of work experience in the security industry
- The ability to work at our office in Ashburn, Virginia
Even Better if you have:
- Industry certifications such as Security+, CEH, etc
- Knowledge of business tools, basic technology understanding, risk management, vulnerability assessment and cyber security concepts
- Security related major or course study in Risk or Security
- Previous experience working in security and/or technology
- Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel) or equivalent GSuite products
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Coordination experience with ability to work across teams
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and methodologies
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2463562-security-operations-support-analyst
• Post ID: 45538082 washingtondc