Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation’s cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Cyber Network Security Analyst 3/4 position will be located in Fair Lakes, VA. The candidate selected for this role must be able to support shift work.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
· Technical analysis of network activity; the analyst monitors and evaluates network flow data, signature-based IDS events and full packet capture (PCAP) data. Triage IDS alerts; collect related data from various network analysis systems, review available open and closed source information on related threats & vulnerabilities, prepare initial summary reports. Monitor and analyze signature-based IDS alerts and associated packet (PCAP) data. Analyze network flow data for anomalies and to correlate reporting with enterprise-wide network activity. Lightweight programming/scripting skills to automate analytics are a plus. Document key event details and analytic findings in an incident management system.
· Perform high-level incident handling functions to include: Provide oversight and assessment of incident response and triage actions across a large enterprise, Identify & extract network indicators from incident reporting and published technical advisories/bulletins, Perform incident correlation & escalation.
· Recommend new IDS signatures and detection strategies.
· Produce final reports and review incident reports from junior analysts.
· Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other SOC organizations to investigate cyber events.
· Assess cyber indicators/observables and collaborate in the development of IDS signatures and detection mechanisms.
· Monitor and report on trends and activity on network sensor platforms.
· Provide technical assessments of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
· Fuse open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise.
· Produce and update network analysis and incident handling documentation.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18002552&lang=en
• Post ID: 45236927 washingtondc