Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 4:23 PM
Requisition ID: 33982
All Locations: Silver Spring, MD (Maryland); Suitland, MD (Maryland)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nations space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration : to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game:changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will support the NOAA NESDIS Office of Satellite Ground Services (OSGS) at one or more of the following locations in the metropolitan Washington, DC area: Silver Spring, MD; the NOAA Satellite Operations Facility (NSOF) in Suitland, Maryland; and Greenbelt, MD. The OSGS is responsible for all Ground System Acquisition, Development and Sustainment for the Nations Operational Weather and Environmental Satellites.
* Perform systems engineering tasks, including requirements analysis, traceability, verification and interfaces
* Provide support to government decision makers regarding acquisition strategy
* Conduct analyses and architecture/systems trade studies
* Support government procurement activities including source selection
* Provide post award support to Mission Assurance, Design, Integration and Test
* Responsible for direct customer technical support on ground services sustainment
* Provide technical leadership between customers and Aerospace technical management
* Establish strategic technology direction to improve the system quality and reduce maintenance costs
* Work with multiple agencies (e.g. NASA, DoD), as required
This position can be filled as a job grade 2 or 3
* Ability to provide systems engineering and technical support leadership in the areas of ground systems (communication, satellite command and control and data processing and distribution), architecture, and software life:cycle.
* Experience with Satellite ground systems such as the NOAA NESDIS systems
* Proven skills in the understanding of software and hardware system interactions and related technologies; performance analysis; systems integration issues; development methodologies; technology recommendations; and evaluating the impact of candidate technical approaches on all parts of the system.
* Proven expertise to provide technical support for engineering studies and evaluations of proposed and existing software/hardware architectures.
* Ability to work with multiple organizations within NESDIS, NOAA, and outside agencies/departments (e.g. NASA, DoD)
* Bachelors degree in Engineering/Science
* Level 2: Six or more years/ Level 3: Twelve or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including space and/or ground systems and a background in systems engineering, technical and project leadership in an engineering organization or program office
* Experience with federal acquisition policies and practices
* Provide evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, the applicant must be able to communicate with a broad range of customers, technologists, program managers, system engineers, and senior government leadership and additionally demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Excellent technical written and oral communication skills are essential.
* Advanced Degree in Engineering/Science
* Experience with commercial, NASA and/or NOAA space systems from an end:to:end perspective
* Ability to support several smaller projects in concur
• Location: greenbelt, Southern Maryland
• Post ID: 43844462 washingtondc