What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Law, Public Policy & Security seeks an experienced attorney to join a dynamic team providing legal support for Products & Solutions, Connected Cities, Smart Communities and Venues (SCV) as Staff Counsel. The position is preferably located in the Washington, DC area. The position will assume the role of lead attorney with respect to Verizon’s network expansion plans in a various geographic areas. It is also anticipated that at least initially, the position will also provide legal product support for cutting edge SCV technologies. The position will report to the Managing Associate General Counsel. The position works across various organizations to help Verizon achieve its expansion objectives.
- Work closely with business clients to help formulate business, technology and network needs and requirements and develop them into clear and focused term sheets.
- Advise clients with respect to the need to protect Verizon’s confidential information, particularly in the context of dealing with public entities. Draft and negotiate NDAs as necessary.
- In collaboration with various internal groups, translate term sheets into definitive agreements by structuring and drafting agreements that effectively address the company’s needs while taking into account legal and regulatory considerations.
- Engage in direct contract negotiations with private and public entities.
- Draft, review and negotiate RFx’s, NDA’s, MOU’s, LOI’s, trial/pilot agreements, license agreements, SOW’s, SLA’s, consulting agreements, and commercial agreements and government contracts, addressing complex public/private contracting issues.
- Provide commercialization and sales guidance and support and counsel product and sales teams with respect to all go-to-market materials.
- Lead, manage and coordinate product review for legal and regulatory issues including telecommunication, wireless, network, behavioral advertising, privacy, information security and other high-tech related issues.
- Coordinate with and provide support to subject matter experts to help evaluate privacy, export control, global clearance, security, anti-trust and accessibility focused product reviews.
- Proactively identify and mitigate any areas of risk.
- Advise Verizon business leaders on legal matters impacting the business.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- JD and six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership and needed licenses.
- Six or more years of years of legal experience with a law firm and/or in-house.
- Transactional experience with a focus on contract negotiation within the public sector.
- Knowledge of state procurement laws and regulations.
Even better if you have:
- Experience within the communications or wireless technology industry.
- Experience with public-private partnerships.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and the relevant legal and regulatory issues.
- Experience with public-private partnerships.
- Experience with technology clients, preferably in the areas of big data, internet services, Open Data, governmental contracting.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to professionally manage time, prioritize multiple responsibilities, and process a high volume of work in a timely and accurate manner with a high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to spot problems and develop and lead implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of personnel and enforce legal requirements without alienating clients.
- Proficient computer and technical skills, including information systems such as Confluence along with collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to remain focused and to help large teams realize main objectives efficiently.
- Ability to work with outside counsel on highly complex legal and regulatory issues.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2412895-staff-counsel
• Post ID: 43697612 washingtondc