Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking experienced Systems Engineers near the Dulles Technology Corridor to support an off-site System and Operation & Maintenance program operating across multiple geographic locations 24/7. A Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The successful candidate must be able to develop technical documentation and be capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, test and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with general direction and minimal oversight.
The candidates will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk and opportunity assessments, baseline control management, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyze customer requirements and establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for development, integration, test and operations.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, system data trending & performance analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies. Troubleshoot system anomalies.
• Devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques and other principles and laws of scientific disciplines.
• Create, review, and maintain critical system documentation; including test plans & procedures.
• Ensure all efforts are executed in accordance with the applicable directives, policies, and standards/best practices.
• Identify and implement new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17028627&lang=en
• Post ID: 43459322 washingtondc