What you’ll be doing...
This is a unique opportunity to join the Verizon Business Operations team. Reporting to the Director of Field Operations, the Sr. Manager – Network Eng & Ops (Field Operations) is responsible for leading and managing a cross functional and converged team of approximately 4-6 Supervisors and approximately 100 management and associates technicians, responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of Verizon’s Local and Long Distance network infrastructure, customer premise equipment, and mechanical (power and HVAC) within geographic area.
- Build strong relationships with Engineering, Wireless, Wireline lines of business (Wholesale, Enterprise, Small Business), and external partners to ensure the highest level of success across all organizational objectives
- Position requires 7x24 availability and to be actively involved in problem-solving. Must work cross-functionally internally and team with external organizations, outside contractors and technology vendors of equipment and supplies to achieve organizational success.
- Establish and implement objectives and ensure that the organization meets specified company goals and key performance indicators
- Responsible for all activities in geographic area impacting organizational personnel, including personnel decisions, administrative responsibilities, and relationship building with the union.
- Will implement new practices to create efficiencies within the organization; communicates and translates functional/operational goals into team goals and manages implementation of policies and procedures.
- Accountable for managing, developing leadership talent and recruiting a diverse technical organization.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field or 7+ year of relevant work experience in technical fields.
Strong analytical, strategic, and critical thinking skills.
Working knowledge of telecommunications and equipment.
Ability to maintain strong relations with Cross-Functional Teams, Regional Field teams, Wireless, Wireline Lines of Business (Wholesale, Enterprise, Small Business) and External Partners.
Proven leadership with the ability to motivate employees with highly diverse skill sets and work experience.
Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and produce quality results managing multiple complex projects in a fast-paced, high-pressure and dynamic work environment.
Motivated, self-starter and highly collaborative.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2420433-senior-network-engineering-operations-manager
• Post ID: 45537887 washingtondc