Senior Director, Strategy and Portfolio Management Global Property Systems - marriot (Bethesda, MD)
The Senior Director, Strategy and Portfolio Management, Global Property Systems, plays an important role in supporting key Global Property System technology efforts within Global Operations, specifically with the Property management system platforms, including GPMS; and the Global-Point-of-Sale (GPOS) platform. These core platforms support our innovation efforts around Marriott’s digital and loyalty strategies, and require strong partnership with Operations, iT, and our vendors to deliver solutions.
The Senior Director will partner with the Vice President, Global Property Systems to create and direct a portfolio of initiatives in support of our Property Systems. The position requires a proven ability to think strategically (at both a portfolio and an individual initiative level), translate Brand, Discipline, and Continent objectives, and manage and thrive in a complex work environment, effortlessly manage senior-level relationships, and, lastly, maintain poise under pressure.
The Senior Director, Strategy and Portfolio Management, Global Property Systems, will be responsible for:
- Partnering with Global Property System Leadership to develop and execute a strategic, multi-year roadmap for Global Property System initiatives that support brand, discipline and continent priorities. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Portfolio management (ensuring appropriate sequencing and resourcing of work, managing budgets across the portfolio of work)
- Project management for the implementation and tracking of major initiatives
- Partnership with other key Disciplines in development of major programs
- Partnering with other advisory teams and centers of excellence at MIHQ and the Continents (e.g., Planning and Services, BMSC Planning, in-continent Strategy and Planning teams) to drive critical planning and prioritization processes
- Overseeing the implementation of Global Property System initiatives by:
- Working with the Operations and iT leaders to explore opportunity areas and prioritize work
- Partnering with Continent teams and Brand to identify and enable early adopters in each Continent, enabling rapid prototyping and speed-to-market
- Managing the effort to convert successful tests into full-scale operational initiatives that are easy for hotels to execute correctly and which have clear success measures
- Providing ongoing guidance and documentation to the Continent Lodging teams to enable optimal execution
In addition, the Senior Director will anticipate and identify trends and challenges, working in close partnership with the Vice President, Global Property Systems to establish a strategic path forward that converts these challenges into opportunities.
This position will interface with multiple members of the Operations and iT teams to ensure successful progress on key initiatives and platforms. Exceptional relationship management skills are fundamental, given that this role acts as a conduit and strategic interface internally across disciplines and externally with key strategic vendor partners, including their respective Senior Leaders.
Project and Strategy Leadership
Lead cross-functional working teams comprised of senior Discipline experts to:
- Devise a portfolio management approach and lifecycle focused on priority areas
- Determine the approach to key operational challenges and areas before work begins
- Act as liaison to key Discipline areas
- Develop business cases for new areas that require investment and effort
- Work closely with Brand and Continent leadership to ensure alignment on strategy, initiatives and approach within the continent
- Secure alignment with Continent leadership on direction and related operational support
- Partner with teams to establish logical success metrics and monitor to ensure that progress is tracked appropriately
- Manage complex budgets and other financial reporting and administration requirements
Education and Experience
At least 8 years of strategy development, brand management or operational experience
Lodging industry experience is preferred
Experience in international business environment preferred
Solid track record of advancing business direction and strategies
BA/BS or equivalent required; MBA or equivalent preferred
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members, internal stakeholders and external constituents
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate a compelling vision
Constructive approach to dealing with conflict; strong mediation skills
Strategic and innovative thinker; can create concepts and strategies
Gathers and organizes information into a logical and systematic process
Broad business view; sharp business acumen and financial savvy
Ability to lead complex projects through management of multi-functional teams
Ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences
Relationship builder; networker
Reliable leader; poised under pressure
Collaborative; team player
Efficient; capable of managing complexity and deadlines
Passion for understanding consumer behavior and passion for brands
Persistent, drives ideas
Analytical, makes decisions using data
Comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change
Trustworthy with strong business integrity
Delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure
Ability to travel up to 25%, including international travel
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
 Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Click here for more info: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=17000UTZ&lang=en
• Post ID: 38745697 washingtondc