What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Consumer Markets (VCM) Analytics & Customer Engagement (ACE) team delivers value to Verizon through business intelligence reporting and analytics by driving insights to actions. ACE is leading the advancement of analytics maturity from understanding the past to predicting the future. This position is on the ACE Data Management & Governance team which responsible for providing data governance for VCM through standards and practices to ensure data access while maintaining data quality, data security and data management.
You will be responsible for data management within our VCM Teradata and Hadoop platforms, with a primary focus on data services architecture. You will design and lead business initiatives to build and deploy a real-time data services architecture that will evolve the VCM data warehouse to align with existing AI/ML and grid efforts. You will design and lead projects to develop data abstraction layers, APIs and real-time indices on our data warehouse platforms supporting ACE and VCM. Serve as a data subject matter expert leveraging your technical skills and domain knowledge to bridge business and technical requirements.
You’ll be supporting data governance and data quality processes and for the integration into the larger VCM unified data architecture. Additionally, in this role you will also be responsible for developing our digital data strategy and roadmap for future AI/ML, cloud, and data as a service initiatives to drive ACE towards next-generation tools and technology.
Data Services Architect with act independently as a member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives. Establish strategy, designs, prioritize and makes final decisions that impact development of high quality deliverables. You will be responsible for leading several initiatives concurrently and delivering project status and benefits.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Data as a Service (Daas) / Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA). Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence principles for both Teradata and Hadoop platforms. This includes Elasticsearch, PrestoDB, Cassandra, TensorFlow and Spark.
- Experience with big data modeling such as APIs, JSON, OLTP and real-time data processing.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence & Analytics industry and best practices. Experience with spark, streams, and data grid technologies.
- Experience with data governance, quality and security.
- Experience with investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies. Experience developing solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in computer science, software engineering, database systems, or related technical field.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams of managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver results. Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
- Digital data domain experience.
- Experience with Pega Next Best Action Advisor.
- Extensive knowledge of VCM DW data domains and data. Digital strongly preferred.
- Program management experience.
- Proven experience in process and requirements documentation.
- Ability to work independently, and multi-task under short deadlines, based upon general direction.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2358694-data-services-architect
• Post ID: 43121917 washingtondc