What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Consumer Markets (VCM) Analytics & Customer Engagement (ACE) team delivers value to Verizon through business intelligence reporting and analytics by driving insights to actions. ACE is leading the advancement of analytics maturity from understanding the past to predicting the future. This position is on the ACE Data Management & Governance team which responsible for providing data governance for VCM through standards and practices to ensure data access while maintaining data quality, data security and data management.
You will be responsible for data management and data governance of our VCM Teradata and Hadoop platforms. You will develop the data governance policy and practice for VCM. Implement Master Data Management and data governance tools. Drive data quality, security and communication across all the VCM data warehouse. Serve as a data subject matter expert leveraging your technical skills and domain knowledge to bridge business and technical requirements including query development. validation and ad-hoc data exercises supporting ACE initiatives.
Governance of VCM unified data architecture, specifically KPI and data model governance. Alignment of VCM project requirements with ACE data systems and platform strategy. You’ll be responsible for data governance and data quality processes and for the integration into the larger VCM unified data architecture. Additionally, in this role you will also be supporting our data governance strategy and roadmap for future machine learning, cloud, and data as a service initiatives to drive ACE towards next-generation tools and technology.
Acts independently or member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable & efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives. Makes final decisions that impact development of high quality deliverables.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse, Governance & Business Intelligence principles for Both Teradata & Hadoop platforms. This includes HBase, Hive, Elasticsearch, PrestoDB, and Spark.
- Experience with database modeling and query writing.
- Experience with Business Intelligence & Analytics industry and best practices.
- Experience with MDM, data governance, change control, quality and security.
- Experience with investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ability to lead and facilitate cross functional teams of managers and directors to gain consensus and execute to deliver results. Ability to define the future state, as well as identifying the steps to get there.
- Familiarity with SAS, R, Spark MLlib, Columnar & NoSQL databases a plus
- Ability to develop solutions that align tactical solutions with strategic goals.
- Experience with big data modeling such as click-stream data, analytic records, and time-series data sets.
- Extensive knowledge of VCM DW data domains and data. Digital strongly preferred.
- Program management experience.
- Proven experience in process and requirements documentation.
- Able to work independently, and multi-task under short deadlines, based upon general direction.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, including ability explain complex concepts simply. Can communicate effectively across Manager, Director and VPand to audiences of varying technical prowess. Ability to clearly and simply organize information that conveys a story using PowerPoint.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2356861-data-quality-and-governance-manager
• Post ID: 43697057 washingtondc