What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Perform research on business results of the plan and forecast.
- Gather data and financial information to create/update the outline of Business Plan Commitment View, Best View, including testing the accuracy and consistency of the deliverables.
- Compile analysis of financial statements.
- Assemble and track monthly business trends by incorporating deliverables: including variance analysis of financial results and Key Performance Indicators.
- Gather data to track cash flow performance.
- Perform analytical assignments and prepare/distribute actual and budget reports.
- Assemble financial reporting and perform preliminary analysis and provide resulting data.
- Supply financial data for the capital planning process.
- Provide insights into the performance, variance and risks identified within financial and operational reporting.
- Compile data and create the outline of profitability/costing models to analyze risk and growth opportunities.
- Perform profitability analysis and develop recommendations to address performance issues.
- Test economic drivers of the business client; including customer churn, renewals.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- An Associate’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2404985-financial-analyst-planning-and-forecasting
• Post ID: 43697757 washingtondc